Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jehovah's Witnesses

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, and instead of a book review or a grammatical rant, I have something spiritual to say.  It's about the Bible.  It shouldn't be controversial to Christians or non-Christians...just something to think about.  I had a Jehovah's Witness call my home today, and read a good deal of Bible verses on YHVH, also known as Yahweh, also known as Jehovah.  The King James Bible translates these letters into the Lord, which actually makes no sense since the Hebrew for Lord back then was Adonai, from my understanding.  What is neglected is the actual Hebrew translation of YHVH, which is I AM.  Because I'm just that kind of chickie, I'll repeat: YHVH=I AM.  There are other magical interpretations of these four letters, but I won't go into that here.  But look at what the Bible is really saying: I AM.  This name is a challenge, in my opinion, to look inward to your true and Divine Self.  If you believe in the Bible, then you believe we were created in "God's image."  Many buddhas, including Buddha, said, "Be a light unto your self."  This is not a religious rant, as I believe that all religions seek to do the same thing, although not all religions are conscious of what those things are. 


So what am I saying?  We are all just fragments of God, I AM...that eternal Self.  If we would only look inward to our True Selves, then we would find great power and beauty there.  I say this because as I spoke to this Jehovah's Witness, I realized that he was looking for God outward and upward.  But why look above you when you can look all around you and see that eternal I AM within all things?  When you say that name of God, you are saying, I AM.  Not HE IS.  Not LORD.  And of course some people will say that to be a writer is to be a mystic, magician, spiritual leader, etc.  Writing is often part of our Divinity because it is where our true nature lies, and I don't know about anybody else, but it's a big part of who I AM.  Food for thought :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment